Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gift set.....



Hello Everyone!!!
Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!!!
Today its my first post as  ABC Toys and Crafts  DT member ...

As our next big celebration is Valentines Day..today I have a mini valentine's card gift set to share with you all.  A cute box filled with simple 3" x 3" cards with matching envelopes .

I used Hero Arts Cling stamp set ~Hearts TrioCG160 and Martha Stewart ~Valentine Lace Border punch...they work perfectly together. I punched the lower end of 3"x 3" card....sponged with Distress ink ..then stamped  with the floral heart stamp and a sweet sentiment and few mini  hearts with gems..CAS ...great for mass production like for classmates,teachers etc.




 I want to give it to my friend as a gift so I made a box for it . You can find the tutorial HERE.
I used the same Hearts stamp and heat embossed on the all four sides of the box...its so pretty! love the fine details of the stamp. Layered the scalloped circle ,circle and trimmed out Heart stamped image with  EK Success 3D-Dots for the box topper...added a sentiment from Hero Arts~ Trees Birds message CL182.
The entire project is made out of a stampset, cardstocks, a border punch and gemstones...
SO what are those teeeny tiny hearts????
Okay!!! I'll give out my secret now..lol....the tiny hearts are the leftovers from the punched borders...thats how you get more for your bucks. So you get a very pretty border and from the leftovers you can make the perfect embellishment....I just added few clear rhinestones for sparkle. This year its my favorite heart embellishment.You can also use the punched border as stencil ..



Stop by ABC Toys and Crafts store to check the latest stamps and products..you will love it!!
This project is also for few challenges:
     Project Tuesday :3" x 3" Notecard box



Have a happy crafty day :o)

14 comments:

Yvonne said...

How beautiful are they!
Love the lace puches you have used, makes this a stunning set. The black and red just perfect for this little set x

Beverly G said...

No need for me to enter Project Tuesday, you've out done everyone, this is beautiful. Congrats on your new designer spot.

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Lovely!

Crystal said...

WOW What a GREAT gift set!!!! LOVE this!!!

Unknown said...

Love your pretty gift set!!! Makes me wish I had that border punch....at least I know it's on the way!!! Love the colors and that cute heart stamp!! Thanks for sharing this....I'm so inspired now to make up something like this for V-day!

Laurel said...

What a fabulous little set!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a gorgeous gift set! Your friend will absolutely love this!!!

Have a fab weekend :*)
~ margie

Maria Matter said...

oh Piali, this is so beautiful!!!
I love the heart stamp you used and the b/w & red are perfect for your darling design!!

Enjoy your weekend!
blessings, Maria

Christine said...

Absolutely perfect for Valentines....beautiful set well done. x

Rose said...

well congrats on the DT gig!! and your box with cards are fantastic. such a beautiful set :) thanks for joining us on Project Tuesday this week

Viji Siddharth said...

Very beautiful!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

What a gorgeous card set...those decorative edges are FABULOUS!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

These are so beautiful. Red is my favorite color and these are positively yummy. I would love to be the lucky friend who receives them. Great job on the OCC 3-D challenge. Thanks for sharing with us!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Fabulous box and card Piali :) LOVE the embossing on the box and cards and what a fun heart border you added to your notecards!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles! Huugs, Jennifer :)