Monday, October 20, 2014

Diwali BlogHop 2014!!!!


Hello Everyone!!!
Welcome to Diwali Bloghop 2014!!

We are all blog-hopping today to celebrate Diwali, the festival of lights! Join in and participate in the hop to learn more about the festival and see some beautiful ethnic creations!
Thank you Chaitali for hosting this beautiful hop!!

DiwaliHopLogo.jpg


Diwali is the Festival of Lights!! Diwali comes from the word Deepavali (Sanskrit language) means   " row of Lamps" . Its a Hindu annual festival celebrated widely in India on the last day of the last month of the lunar calendar. Usually people decorate their home with lights,or diyas(lamps made out of clay), make lots yummy sweets and enjoy with lots of Fireworks.

I'm far way from my Homeland, India...here in NJ, we don't get to celebrate Diwali exactly how we used to do it back home but I try my best to do everything so my girls know all about the traditions...I make lots of traditional sweets for family & friends, we make Rangoli together and decorate the house in evening with candles and diyas.

Now I would like to share a card and home decor project with you all...
I used a free clipart image for my projects today
(Sorry I don't own any Diwali theme stamps or stencil)
I loooove how this card turned out!
Gold and Red looks gorgeous and very festive!!
The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

Here are the step-by-step pics that will explain the process of making..

  • I created cut file from a free clipart image , I modified the image a bit to suit my requirements. Cut three dieuts and adhered them together with Multi Medium Matte..best adhesive for this.  
  •  I also created a stencil/mask by tracing the outer edges of the Ganesha. I used Silhouette studio designer edition for this.
  • I heat emboss the outline diecut  using WOW- Gold Sparkle EP, I used several layers  of embossing powder to create a faux metal look.
  • To create the gold sprinkled background, I used Simon Says Stamp snow stencil.
  • I used the solid diecut to mask off the area where I didn't want the gold sprinkles. then placed the stencil over it and applied Versamark ink and WOW- Gold Sparkle EP, heat embossed it.
  • Also heat embossed the sentiment.


I also made a home decor with the same cut file..

I cut it larger than the die cut in the card, Heat embossed it on both the sides using WOW Gold Sparkle embossing powder. Add few beads and a bell to make a door/ wall hanger .
First pic. shows it up close and second one is how it looks hanging on the door.

Hope you liked these projects !!
Please hop along to see all amazing projects created by a very talented group of crafters.
Here is the complete hop list...

Thanks for stopping by...
Happy Diwali to all who celebrates!!!

15 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

Wow :D What a lovely card you have created Piali !! Love the door hangers :D great use of the cut file!

Smriti said...

Piali your creations are gorgeous! Love the red and gold;and the door hanger is adorable!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Beautiful card and wishing you a very happy diwali.

Indira Tanwar said...

Your card has turned out so gorgeous. Love the gold embossing!!

conil said...

Well, I certaily know why you like these. They're gorgeous. I think all of you are so generous sharing your festival with us in the blogosphere. Thank You.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Adorable card, Piali. Loved golden embossing!!

Unknown said...

The card is awesome!! I love the home decor idea the most!! Must try it out this week for Diwali decor!

Deepti said...

This is beautiful ! What a fab combo of red and gold :) Wish you have a happy and prosperous Diwali :)

Anonymous said...

Truly inspired Piali! This is such a gorgeous Diwali card, with its bold colour palette and clean lines...love it ;-)

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Piali two gorgeous creations. I used your paper you sent me on my tea light snowmen today.

Isha Gupta said...

Love your card Piali and the decor is just AWESOME!! Happy Diwali to you and your family.

Gayatri said...

Red and Gold - classic combination. Beautiful card and decor,Piali. Happy Diwali to you and your family.

Anika E said...

I love, love, love the die you created. And you used them to make such stunning projects. The card and the decoration was simple beautiful.

Anika E said...

I love, love, love the die you created. And you used them to make such stunning projects. The card and the decoration was simple beautiful.