Welcome to Diwali Bloghop 2014!!
We are all blog-hopping today to celebrate Diwali, the festival of lights! Join in and participate in the hop to learn more about the festival and see some beautiful ethnic creations!
Thank you Chaitali for hosting this beautiful hop!!
Diwali is the Festival of Lights!! Diwali comes from the word Deepavali (Sanskrit language) means " row of Lamps" . Its a Hindu annual festival celebrated widely in India on the last day of the last month of the lunar calendar. Usually people decorate their home with lights,or diyas(lamps made out of clay), make lots yummy sweets and enjoy with lots of Fireworks.
I'm far way from my Homeland, India...here in NJ, we don't get to celebrate Diwali exactly how we used to do it back home but I try my best to do everything so my girls know all about the traditions...I make lots of traditional sweets for family & friends, we make Rangoli together and decorate the house in evening with candles and diyas.
Now I would like to share a card and home decor project with you all...
I used a free clipart image for my projects today
(Sorry I don't own any Diwali theme stamps or stencil)
I loooove how this card turned out!
Gold and Red looks gorgeous and very festive!!
The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.
Here are the step-by-step pics that will explain the process of making..
- I created cut file from a free clipart image , I modified the image a bit to suit my requirements. Cut three dieuts and adhered them together with Multi Medium Matte..best adhesive for this.
- I also created a stencil/mask by tracing the outer edges of the Ganesha. I used Silhouette studio designer edition for this.
- I heat emboss the outline diecut using WOW- Gold Sparkle EP, I used several layers of embossing powder to create a faux metal look.
- To create the gold sprinkled background, I used Simon Says Stamp snow stencil.
- I used the solid diecut to mask off the area where I didn't want the gold sprinkles. then placed the stencil over it and applied Versamark ink and WOW- Gold Sparkle EP, heat embossed it.
- Also heat embossed the sentiment.
I also made a home decor with the same cut file..
I cut it larger than the die cut in the card, Heat embossed it on both the sides using WOW Gold Sparkle embossing powder. Add few beads and a bell to make a door/ wall hanger .
First pic. shows it up close and second one is how it looks hanging on the door.
Hope you liked these projects !!
Please hop along to see all amazing projects created by a very talented group of crafters.
Here is the complete hop list...
Thanks for stopping by...
Happy Diwali to all who celebrates!!!