Tuesday, December 2, 2014

CardMaker- Impression Obsession Blog Hop!!

Hello Everyone!!!
Welcome to CardMaker - Impression Obsession Blog Hop!!
Today we ( CardMaker Blog team) are joining with IO team for  festive blog hop.

If you are here from Anna Wight's blog you are on the right track, if you are just joining me now please visit CardMaker  blog to start from the beginning.

I have two cards to share with you all.
I used IO- Holiday Top Word Edgers dies and IO-Cover-a-Card Nordic Stripes stamp for my cards  today.

First one is non-traditional holiday card with bright colors.
It reminds me of Indian textiles or Sarees.
I heat embossed the Cover-a-Card Nordic Stripes background on three colors of cardstock using three different WOW embossing powders. Then trimmed narrow strips and adhered them to make new fun background.
Orange+ Gold EP
Red+ Silver EP
Hot Pink+ Pastel Pink EP

I diecut the sentiment out of black cardstock and adhered it to white glittered cardstock.
The background is so rich in colors , I just added three tiny matching Doodlebug rhinestones .

This card is for the following challenges...
Christmas Card Challenges -Anything Goes + Christmas
Stempelsonnen Challenge - Anything Goes.
Stamping Sensations - Simply Christmas.

Next one is CAS card...can be easily mass produced in different colors.
Simply heat embossed the background using WOW white EP.
Diecut the sentiment in a slight angle out of glittered cardstock, adhered it on a vellum layer.
Easy , peasy one!!!
I'll make a few more of this design in different colors.

This card is for the following challenges...
Polkadoodles -  Nordic Christmas.

Hope you all like these cards!!!

PRIZE:
 Impression Obsession  is hosting a giveaway...
Two lucky winners will get $25 Gift Certificate each.
So hop along...

 Here is the hop list...
                  Piali Biswas - you're here.

Next Stop is  Daniela Dobson 's blog....

Thanks for stopping by

68 comments:

Pamela Levingston said...

Beautiful Card.

Retta said...

I'm loving the Aqua one!

Brooke said...

Love the backgrounds!

wannabcre8tive said...

Beautiful cards, love the colors. The cover a card Nordic Stripes sure makes a beautiful background.

Eileen L. said...

Beautiful color choices for your backgrounds. Lovely.

sierra said...

WOW ... beautiful colors with big impact ... turned out great!

Barbra said...

I feel like running and putting my holiday sweater on! Love your cards!

Jeanne J. said...

I love all the color you packed in these. They remind me of a beautiful knit scarf - so bright and cheery!

Linda said...

I love this sweater look die
I might have to put that on my list

Pattie J. said...

something about hand work that speaks volumes, and this sweater stamp does that. A personal touch of joy for a friend....love it.

Unknown said...

Love the versatility of the background stamp!

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful cards!

Corky said...

Very clever!

AprilsL8 said...

Neat cards!!

Lorna said...

Love the colors Piali. Great card.

Joanne said...

Both cards are great! They remind me of the knitted Nordic sweaters, nice! Great blog hop too! Joanne

Unknown said...

Piali, these are fantastic! Love the graphic feel :)

Diana N. said...

Both are great cards! I would not have picked the red, orange,and pink to go together, but it turned out wonderful.

Jenny Alia said...

I love this background stamp. You used beautiful colors on both. Just lovely!

Imago Dei Creative Designs said...

I love the non-traditional inspiration. Lovely!

BJ Searcy said...

Beautiful cards,I too am reminded of the gorgeous Indian Sarees with the colors of the first card.

Unknown said...

very nice!

Roseanna C said...

thanks for the inspiration. Both cards are very pretty.

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful colors and embossing. Love the greeting on the diagonal.

jc2711 said...

Colours which made me smile

Jackie

Efrat said...

Beautiful card.

Juanita B said...

Wow, I LOVE your colors and the design is a perfect one. I agree with you regarding the beautiful fabric from which a sari is made.
TFS your awesome cards!

Sandy said...

Beautiful card - love what the embossing did.

mbchoj said...

A very festive card indeed!

McStamper said...

Love your card.

Lee Ann said...

Very neat to see all the different ways to use the background. :) Thank you for sharing.
Daphne

sharrilou said...

Great cards. Love the colors you used, really looks like sweaters.

Vicki Sopcak said...

Both Cards are gorgeous. This background stamp is so versatile. Great Job!!!

Katia said...

amazing card, I love the background!

Iris said...

Love the colors and patterns.
isoscia at aol dot com

SherylH said...

Such a great background image and your cards have highlighted it beautifully.

CraftyPaws said...

Lovely texture. So pretty! tfs

Kathy Lund said...

Very pretty....love the colors!

Frann said...

Nice use of the Nordic Stripes! You used great colors on both of your cards.

Sue D. said...

I like the slanted sentiment and the color on the 2nd card, especially.

dinosaur said...

Beautiful cards!!! I love the word edgers!

lritchie said...

beautiful cards

Janett said...

Great cards. Really like your backgrounds.

Linda said...

The cards remind me of sweaters. Great job on both!

Nana Griffin said...

These are bright and cheerful.

Anonymous said...

I love the Season's Greetings card!

Beverly Perdue said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards. I love how you created the background with the Nordic stripes.

Cindy J. said...

I would love to get this card! So bright and festive!

Carol said...

Love this done with embossing powder!
Thank you for sharing.

Debbie said...

I relly like the two projects. Fun!

papierscrapetc said...

Très jolie carte!!!

Sue L. said...

Your blue card is so gorgeous. Especially like the diagonal near the bottom. Sure doesnt look easy peasy!

Antonella said...

Love the cards, I think the non-traditional card is great! Both are perfect!
Hugs,
Antonella :-)

Diane said...

Can you say "GORGEOUS?" because that is what they are!! Love them!!

Dee said...

great card. reminds me of a sweater pattern, it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. thanks for sharing.

inkspell said...

Love it! Thanks...Gina F

Sue D said...

Both are fabulous and perfect for the season.

Doudou said...

Beautiful cards!lovely colors

Unknown said...

Lovely cards!

Shona said...

Your cards are lovely! I can't pick a fav, they are both perfect to showcase that amazing b'ground stamp!

Shirl said...

Beautiful colors. I had not seen the dies you used.

Katie said...

Great cards! Love the nordic stripes. Love the different looks you created. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous design, and it works well in both colourways. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations for our Christmas challenge.

Lynne

Preacherwife said...

This card is simply wonderful.

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

Fantastic Nordic cards ! I love how you kept them so simple and fun. Thanks for playing along over at Polka Doodles!
~Ashley

Poppet said...

A fabulous card Piali. The embossing looks stunning against the green.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining the fun over at Polkadoodles and good luck.
Anita (DT)

nancy carroll said...

LOVE the pattern, awesome