Friday, October 26, 2012

Diwali Blog Hop Day #2!!!

Hello Everyone!!
Welcome to the Day #2 of Diwali Blog hop!!!

Diwali is the Festival of Lights!! Diwali comes from the word Deepavali (Sanskrit language) means   " row of Lamps" . Its a Hindu annual festival celebrated widely in India on the last day of the last month of the lunar calendar. Usually people decorate their home with lights,or diyas(lamps made out of clay), make lots yummy sweets and enjoy with lots of Fireworks.

First of all I would like to thank everyone who joined the bloghop yesterday, your sweet comments and best wishes really made my day!!

Today we're sharing our Diwali Home Decor projects with you all!!

Here is my Diwali Home Decor project...

As Diwali is the festival of lights...I made some Luminaire.
Super easy project!

Though photography was quite a challenge!!

I used PTI vellum ...printed and stamped the images on it , then dry embossed one, added some glitter and punched the top part. Then joined the ends ...TA-DA!!!!
Just put a tealight inside...then you have lovely light for the festive night!!!!

Now I would like to answer a question few of you asked me yesterday...
HOW I USED THE CLIPART???
I downloaded the free clipart ...then with the help of Photoshop I converted them into Brushes.
I find it easy that way to resize or change color.
But you can just use MS-Word and simply print them in black.
I printed the image first and then stamped the Mehndi image on it!

Let me know if you have any more questions..I'll try my best to answer them.

You know the drill....make sure to stop by and check out all the lovely creations...
Here is the bloghop list.... 
                           Piali <-- You are here!

You can also join in  and share your Diwali projects with us...just add a direct link to your project HERE.

Thanks for stopping by...
Happy Hopping!!!

8 comments:

Rose said...

OK now you have proved to me you can make anything!! these are so beautiful :)

Riti said...

Lovely card & Luminaire.....
This year I've also made a few luminaires..It was fun making them!

Sanketi said...

Wonderful idea..Awesome!

Smriti said...

Wow these are beautiful luminaries! I'm inspired to make some!

Unknown said...

Wow these are so beautiful yet look so easy to make! Your photos of them are very well taken too. I had the hardest time taking my diya photo! Will have to try these out soon :)

Kavitha Vadhri said...

Nice idea will definitely try with the free clipart thanks for clearing the doubt

MEGHA said...

awesome piali,just awesome ...that's why i m uer fan
megha
http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

JFSB said...

Pretty!