Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Playing with stamps!!!

Hello Everyone!!!
Today I've two lovely cards to share with you all.
CAS-ual Fridays stamps are super fun to play with...I tried out some fun things with them for these cards.

I used CFS-Calm and Gentle stamp set for this card.
I stamped teh leaves with different Distress inks for the Fall color effect... and partially stamped the leaves at the bottom to create the effect of fallen leaves on the ground!
Love playing with stamps....its amazing how nicely we can create different elements with a same image.
I also did something different than usual with the sentiment...I stamped it on Twill Ribbon.

This card is for the following challenges..
ABC Challenges: Tic-tac-toe
...I picked ribbon, fall theme, leaves.
Tuesday Throwdown : Autumn leaves.
Love to Create : Shades of Autumn.
LEJ Designs : Diecuts/punches.
Bearly Mine: Anything Goes.


Next one is more graphical...
I used CFS- Truth Is stamp set for this card.
Its simple just inked up the sentiment with different dewdrop inks for the cool text border.

This card is for the following challenges..
Card Mania: Embossing.
Papertake Weekly : Anything goes.
Papelitos Stamps: Anything Goes.

I'm trying to edit my card pics. in photoshop...trying learn new things to make my pics. better...please forgive not so good pics. for a while...I'll try to learn it fast!
Do share if you've any tips on "HOW TO REDUCE THE GRAIN TEXTURE ON THE PICS.?"
"HOW TO GET BETTER PICs. OF WHITE CARDS?"
I don't own a DSLR ...so its kind of hard for me to get great photo of lovely cards.

Make sure to check CFS Blog for daily inspirations!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!
  


20 comments:

Ash said...

I am so much head over heels over your "sew" embossed edges.... I am looking around for them now.... :D

Not that I know much, but according to me white cards stand out awesome on rugged BGs..... & of course under natural light.....

Wishes & Regards,

Hussena said...

Wow your cards are simply beautiful Piali...love the colors the on the first one!!
I use photoshop for my pics as well but am learning as well....and like Ash says clicking picture's in daylight gives best results!!

Cumbrianlass said...

A super card, thanks for joining in the lejdesigns Challenge
Janet

crafty-stamper said...

Both great card but love the first happy one thanks for joining us at lej designs
carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Love your Autumn colour card great leaves thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
carol DT x

Unknown said...

Love your fall card, and the other is pretty cool! Thank you for joining us this week over at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
Ruza ~ DT

kenli said...

I Like embossing folder and the pretty design.Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!

Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, love how you played around with the leaves on your first card ... they fit perfectly in the bottom of your die cut!

My neighbor and I took a class a couple years ago in Elements and I came away with two things to do when I don't have great natural light:
1) Enhance, Adjust Color, Remove Color Cast (then you click on something that's supposed to be white in your photo and it adjusts the rest of the colors accordingly ... turns my cool blue photo much warmer)
2) Cntl L to adjust the levels. Slide it from left to right to make it darker, right to left makes it lighter, and you can play with the arrow in the middle to adjust your mid-tones. Basically you want the arrows on either side of the hill.

Hope that helps, sometimes you just have to play around with it!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful card. I love the design. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenges. Hope you will join us again next week. joann sassy raggedy

Rose said...

beautiful autumn card and i love the leaves on the "ground" :)
WOW! what a fantastic bright bold card your second one is!!! love the bright pink on the black :)

i edit all my photos in a very old HP program so no help here :(

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Piali - both of your cards are really lovely - but I'm especially partial to the fall one with the gorgeous colors for the leaves. Thanks so much for joining us at 'ABC' Challenges this week for our 3 in a Row!

P.S. I just use a pocket sized digital camera (I think its a Kodak) that has a close up setting (looks like a flower on the dial) for taking pictures within 12 inches. Sometimes I still struggle with the lighting of my photos though as this isn't a top quality camera - but it does the job 90% of the time for me. Wish I could be more help to you.

Rosie Gustafson said...

Very Cute cards. Thank you for joing us at ABC Challenges. Hugs Xx Rosie

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card! Love it's simplicity.

Thanks for joining in at Love to Create this week.

Susan x

Miss Emerald said...

The card is beautiful. The contrast between black and bright colors is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges! God luck and hope you'll join us again.

Emily Leiphart said...

I love both cards, especially the way you stamped the leaves on the first card and the bold, graphic design on the second!

Ger said...

Love those leaves! Great cards. Thankyou for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

Jacquel said...

What a pretty card! I love the stitching & your layout! Very nice work Hun & thanks for playing along with us @ ABC Challenges!!!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very pretty! Love that tree!

Thank you for participating in this week's ABC Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Amanda Phillips said...

Such a sweet card! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love to Create Challenges.
Amanda LTCDT

Patty Gorka said...

Super cards! I like how your first card is so nicely put toether, the card stock and stamped image coordinate so well! Thanks so much for playing along with ABC Challenges this week!